Opera Browser, Portable Edition
Opera is a fast and free browser with advanced bookmarking, search, and personalization options.
Yandex Plugin: Russian users that wish to switch the default search engine to Yandex can download the Opera Portable Yandex Plugin.
Passwords Not Saved Between PCs By Default: Opera stores passwords in such a way that they are encrypted in a way tied to current PC’s operating system, the same issue Google Chrome has. While the passwords are not kept or left behind on the PC itself, they won’t be retrievable when you move to a new PC. You must sync your password to Opera in order to preserve them as you move PCs or upgrade operating systems.
Certificates Not Portable: Opera, like Google Chrome, has no certificate manager. It uses Windows’ certificates manager. So, any certificates you install are stored on the current local machine and will not travel with you. Thus, you should not use any private certificates with Opera except on your own PC.
Note that other portable browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition do not have the password, extension, and certificate issues mentioned above. These issues are specific to Opera and other Chrome-based browsers due to Chrome’s design and not something we can work around without fixes to the base app by the Chrome developers.
For help with this app, please see the following:
- Downloading a Portable App
- Installing a Portable App
- Using a Portable App
- Upgrading a Portable App
- External: Publisher Support
- Publisher: Opera Software & Anywebtool.com
- Date Updated: 2020-08-28
- Date Added: 2010-07-29
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10
- App License: Freeware (Personal and business use)
- Source: Anywebtool.com Launcher, Anywebtool.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 63bb5d2063324a31c93991428041f089
- SHA256 Hash: d7519a5cdf561e2d9f2ea38551712be3ae9a3a7639c99b6aabe8df3a24ee04f1